This week I got to interview my daughter.
You’ve been hearing my experience of her addiction so I think that it’s important to hear what her experience was like as well.
Some of the things we talked about:
· What was it like when I looked to you to be ok to make me feel better instead of me being stable for you?
· What else did I do that wasn’t helpful to you?
· What did I do that was helpful to you?
Is there anything I could have done differently to help you not struggle with addiction?
· What did you get out of using?
· What made you want to get sober?
· What has relapsing taught you?
· What makes you feel supported in sobriety?
I learned a few new things and had some realizations while listening to her insight and I ended up sharing some things I’ve never shared before.